How to Choose a Color for your Decal
Below are some guides to help you properly decide on what type of decal you need to purchase. It will also help those who are not familiar with how die-cut decals work.
Basic Single Color Decal
Decals shown installed on different colored surfaces
These surface colors are NOT part of the decal.
If you are unfamiliar with how a die-cut decal without a background works or is installed you may want to see the installation page for a visual for better understanding.
Choosing a 2nd Color (Optional)
See Color Chart A for colors available for this style of decal.
More information at Outlines and Shadows page to make sure you choose the proper 2 COLOR option. Once you have decided on the option you want you will need to pick the 2 colors you want.
Full Color Pattern Print Decal
See Color Chart B for colors available for this style of decal.
Please read THOROUGHLY BEFORE you order a Full Color Pattern Fill decal.
There are literally millions of color/pattern combinations you can make for each decal. Following the directions below will make this as trouble fee as possible. When you order a printed decal the process is different than ordering a single color (or two color) die-cut decal.
Be sure to check your email within 24 hours after you place the order in case any questions do arise.
|Before and After Fill is added||What to was put in the comments box to describe the change.|
|Punched Red Carbon Fiber Fill with a Black Outline.|
|Magenta Engine Turn Fill.|
|Cheetah Skin Fill with a Black Outline.|
|AmFlag2 Fill - The middle image has a Blue Outline while the last image has a Black Outline.|
|Traditional Brown Camo Fill - The middle image has a Red Outline while the last image has a Black Outline|
|Camo Breakup 2 Fill
Note. The bottom camo image was made by customer request. This is NOT the Reverse option (repeat this is NOT the reverse option). It was simply stated that one of the decals was to have the logo on the right side of the lettering.
The image below shows 3 different style decals.
- The first one on the left is your standard die-cut decal. The image on the order form shows it in black (upper left hand corner of the image) but yellow was chosen for the color. As you can see the surface color shows through all the open areas within the design. See the order form image.
- The middle design is similar but is with a Full Color decal. The design is printed but still has open areas within the eyes and mouth so those are cut out. You can see what parts will be cut out on a full color decal as there will be a thin gray line any place there is a cut. See the order form image.
- The final one on the right is a full color decal but there are no holes. The white edge wraps around the design giving it a white contour. Once again, the edges is represented but a thin gray line. See the order form image.
$2.99 Fast Shipping
- Archived Pages
- Colors and Patterns
- Custom Decals and Custom Stickers
- HELP - FAQ's
- Center Hinge Decal Installation Guide
- Decal Installation Instructions
- Decal Removal Instructions
- Decal Sizing
- Die-cut vs. Printed Decals and Stickers
- Helpful Guides
- How to Choose a Color for your Decal
- Oultines, Shadows and Contours
- First Class Shipping is $2.99 no matter how much you order.
- Reverse/Flip Decal Option
- Top Hinge Decal Installation Guide
- Types of decals we offer.
- Vector file vs. Image file
- About FastDecals.com
- What Customer are Saying